Use Your Outdoor Voice
Day-Long Creative Writing Retreats
in the Pioneer Valley
– 20 miles from Amherst, worlds away from everyday –
Join us this summer for Outdoor Voice, a series of day-long Creative Writing Retreats in the Pioneer Valley.
Experiment with writing in a protected wilderness area, on a hillside high above the Connecticut River, or in a rustic lodge atop a nearby mountain – local sites that are worlds away from our everyday lives.
Beginners and seasoned writers welcome – come and enjoy a day of “Slow Travel” through writing.
– All sites are within 20 miles of Amherst, MA
– Participants can sign up for individual dates, or a series – with a discount for multiple days
– All settings are outdoors, with bathroom facilities and moderate protection (screen tent or pavilion)
– Unplugged: with no electricity, laptops need 5-6 hours of battery power …a great opportunity to experiment with paper and pen!
– Slow Lunch* provided
* Slow Lunch: simple, traditional recipes, using natural and organic ingredients from local sources as much as possible. Also delicious. You can read more about Creative Writing as a form of “Slow Travel” here.
For information and registration, click here.